I had the opportunity to watch a taped webinar at TechRepublic.com titled “Reach for the cloud – Sharepoint Online, Google Docs and Your MFP (Multi-Functional Peripheral).” Cloud is a hot topic and the MFP is adapting to the changing workplace. Here were a few of my takeaways…
- Leveraging the cloud can help eliminate steps to get what you need when you need it.
- End users can get output on demand at the device nearest to them. It can be retrieved by any device on the network!
- Only the person intending to see the document will ever see the document – great for anyone struggling with HIPPA or security in the workplace.
- Access documents on the cloud right from the panel of a copier and print without a server or a print driver. Document retrieval and version control do not get any easier.
- Scan and upload documents to the cloud for quick access to anyone with a network connection.