ECM is the umbrella term for a range of technologies to store and maintain corporate knowledge, including document management and imaging, workflow, enterprise report management, e-mail management and more. A properly executed ECM solution helps control the cost of doing business by reducing cycle times, lowering cost-per-unit, improving customer service and accomplishing more work with the same number of employees.
- ECM saves time by allowing you to centralize and control information from virtually any source using a software application that can be installed on a premises-based network or hosted from a secure data center.
- This repository can encompass all incoming documents such as e-mail, faxes and scanned items as well as internally generated reports and documents from desktop applications
- ECM solutions offer additional advantages. Everything from initial purchase orders and invoices to the check report on which the payment appears can be retrieved. A built-in, cross-referencing feature allows users with proper security to move from one related document to another via a mouse click.
- Whether your enterprise is Fortune 500 or on its way, ECM technology is a secure centralized repository that provides the basis for automated workflow. The information moves to where it’s needed automatically. Simple point-and-click integration tools increase effectiveness and decrease costs in virtually any business and department. With a single standard system, compatibility is never an issue.
- The Bottom-line: ECM can be deployed quickly. It is easy to use and will deliver quick returns by improving efficiency, customer service and provide a platform for affordable enhancements that compound your return on investment.
For more information on how DocSmart and ECM can help you, click here. For more information on how it has helped other customers click here.