In today’s world, major business challenges are the driving force that propels organizations towards deploying an electronic content management (ECM) solution.
Here’s What Pushed Them Over the Edge.
- Buried in paper that created poor customer service and inefficient/frustrated staff
- Electronic information strewn across the organization on workstations and email inboxes
- Major bottlenecks when trying to process, approve, access, or store information
- Remote staff who need access to information spread across the organization
So Where do You Start?
Start by focusing on six of the most common challenges we hear from our clients. (We bet a few, if not all of these will sound familiar to you.)
6 Common Challenges Facing Businesses & Information Access
1. Lack of Document Control
Never lose control again! In a good ECM solution, information is stored securely in one centralized location. Its then accessible by any authorized staff member, wherever they be working.
2. Slow Business Processes & Inability to Track Information
An intelligent ECM solution provides complete and secure document management from the creation of a document through destruction. Searching within digitally stored information brings back results in just a few seconds and it can be automatically linked to the appropriate account. An ECM solution will streamline your business processes, while staying flexible enough to meet your needs.
3. Inefficient Staff
If your staff is spending time moving information from one person to the next – isn’t it time to let an ECM solution work its magic?
- Digitized information can efficiently move throughout the office in a workflow with a built-in set of rules regarding levels of approval or when staff is out of the office. Information can be tracked where it is in the workflow with a click of a button.
- Let’s not forget all those paper forms that can now be completed electronically. A click of the submit button and the information is stored and automatically moved into a workflow.
4. Buried in Paper
“The average business’ paper consumption grows by 22% per year, meaning in 3.3 years your paper consumption will double.” From Records Nation. The solution…put a stop to this paper monster with a solid ECM solution!
5. Storage Space Limitations
Office space is at a premium in today’s world. “Each four-drawer file cabinet holds an average of 10,000 to 12,000 documents, takes up to 9 sq. ft. of floor space and costs $1,500 per year.” From Records Nation. Isn’t it time to make that paper go away?
6. Challenging Audits
A well-planned ECM solution can make audits a breeze! Information required by auditors can be located and shared in a matter of minutes.
And the bottom line is – all these challenges cost an organization an unbelievable amount of money. A good ECM solution can reign in those out-of-control expenses and make your organization more productive.
Ready to remove these obstacles from your day to day? Send our paperless team a message.