At Applied Innovation, we get a lot of calls asking, “What do I do when my Ricoh copier has the error message ‘SC 501’ on it?”
To make it easier for everyone to get their machines up and running faster, we’ve added a Ricoh and Lanier Knowledge Base to our website that can help you fix this and many other problems.
To access it, click here or go to the Applied Innovation website, click on the Client Services heading from the menu, and click on “Ricoh and Lanier Knowledge Base.” Then choose your machine and select your problem from the list.
So, what do you do when your Ricoh copier has the SC 501, 502, 503, or 504 error message on it?
This error message indicates that there is a Lift Motor malfunction in one of the trays. The tray number is indicated by the error number: 501 is Tray 1, 502 is Tray 2, and so on. The tray with the error is also indicated by the spanner icon:
To fix it, here’s what you should do:
- Open the tray to its full extent
- Lift the front of the tray up to release it from the machine
- Remove the tray completely and place it on a level surface
- Check for jammed paper on the right side of the paper tray recess – remove misfed paper carefully to avoid leaving any fragments in the machine
- Return the tray to the machine and close it
- Switch off the machine at the red power switch
- Wait for five seconds then switch the machine back on again
- If the display continues to show the service code, please call the Applied Innovation Call Center.
Check out the Knowledge Base page here for this and other issues you may have with your Ricoh or Lanier machine.