You may not want to implement a managed print program. If you are not ready to look at MPS, here are a few ideas that might help you reduce costs without a contract…
- Ask yourself “Do I have to print this?” This is especially true of email. Its much easier to save an email electronically than it is to print and archive. There are also many times when we see lengthy printed reports, when only one page is needed. Make sure that you need it before you print!
- Printing in greyscale can reduce the amount of ink that you use.
- How about adjusting the font? I bet you did not know that the font you use is impacting the costs associated with printing.
- Remanufactured cartridges save money and have a smaller impact on the environment. Assuming that you have a reliable provider. We can help.
- Printing to file or PDF is easy and free. There are many free applications that will allow you to archive without spending money.
Take a few of these ideas. They will be a good start to helping you manage your print.