Applied Imaging kicked off our Biggest Loser Challenge to encourage our employees to adapt to healthy lifestyles. Our wellness committee couldn’t be more excited with the momentum we are seeing! The 3 month challenge started on January 2 and is set to end on March 26. In order to participate, employees all submitted $10 into the challenge and committed to lose 7% or more in body weight. IF they hit their goal of 7% weight loss, those contenders will split the money. Excitement is on the rise as our employees are coming closer and closer to their weight loss goals.
So many have asked us: “How do we stay consistent in a 12 week challenge and how do I lose those LAST FEW pounds?”
Check out the TOP 10 TIPS from the Wellness Corner:
- Schedule your workout in. Look at your calendar and schedule it like any other appointment
- Track what you are eating every day. This helps to keep you adding more healthy foods
- Plan your grocery list and meal plan for the week. Health crockpot meals are a lifesaver on busy weeknights
- Find a friend or family member to keep you accountable. Share your goals with someone that will help you stick to them
- Set smaller goals and celebrate them. New workout gear, movie night, or heavier weights anyone?
- Drink water, black coffee, or green tea
- Be aware of added sugar
- Lower your refined carb intake
- Keep healthy snacks nearby
- Get a good night of sleep