Applied Innovation is seeking detail oriented, self-motivated individuals to assist in the day-to-day operations of serving clients in our Managed Network Services department as Tier 2 Onsite IT Technicians. The Tier 2 Onsite IT Technicians will report directly to the Applied Innovation service team manager and will work out of the Grand Rapids and Southfield offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing and supporting customers IT environments including user workstations, servers, and other infrastructure devices.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, or escalating client technical issues as needed
- Updating client documentation in document retention system
- Recommending procedure modifications and improvements
- Effectively communicating and consulting with other technology specialists to resolve issues
- Willingness to work flexible hours as project demands may require evening and weekend work.
- Successfully managing time.
Skills: This position will be responsible for having an intermediate knowledge of, and ability to troubleshoot, the following:
- Current workstation operating systems for PC and Mac platforms (i.e. Windows, Mac OS, Linux)
- Microsoft Office (including Office 365)
- Active Directory administration
- On-premise Exchange
- Web content filtering
- Anti-virus tools
- DNS and DHCP
- Server administration
- Network storage devices
- Mobile devices
- Experience with Apple Mobile Device Management tools such as JAMF is major plus.
- Wired and wireless network connectivity
- One of the following industry certifications preferred:
- A+ Certification
- NET+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Other IT related certification
- Minimum 2-year college degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field.
- Three or more years’ experience in an IT related role
Our full benefits program includes medical, dental, life, short-term disability, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays, and opportunity for advancement.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume below and fill out an application by clicking here.