Applied Innovation is seeking a high capacity, self-managed candidate that is looking to build a career as a Technical Development Specialist, supporting the Mid to Lower Michigan and Northern Indiana areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts ride-along training for individual technicians to help develop proper habits and techniques
- Coordinate with Technical Development & Field Service managers to develop/train specific technicians
- Works with technicians to solve extremely difficult problems
- Takes lead on any product performance issues with manufacturer
- Acts as liaison with product manufacturers for info/knowledge sharing
- Conducts product and technology workshops/seminars
- Works with clients, sales and other service personnel to investigate and solve the most demanding issues
- Assist in optimizing proper parts for performance/cost
- Maintains personal certifications on new products and product updates
- Continue forever learning on technology we support/utilize
- Handle special assignments for AI/Technical Development team
- Assist/support Instructors of certified technical training classes
- Conduct technical training classes
- Travel to Applied locations for conducting all the above.
- Three or more years in the Office Automation Industry with working knowledge of MFPs and the Copy/Print process.
- Interest in learning new technology and passing that information on to technicians
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Strong planning and listening skills.
- High School diploma with technical certification with one of the following manufactures, Ricoh, Canon. HP, Kyocera or Toshiba. (Others may be considered)
- Some travel with overnight stays
- Reports to Technical Development Manager
Applied Innovation offers a full benefit program that includes medical, dental, life, short-term disability, 401(k), paid vacation, and paid holidays.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume below and fill out an application by clicking here.