Applied Innovation is hiring an IT Sales Consultant to join our growing sales team in our Southfield, MI office. Our IT Sales Consultants earn a competitive base salary, exceptional commissions and benefit plans — along with top training and support, and recognition for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart and looking for your next great adventure, Applied Innovation is the place for you.
IT Sales Consultants are responsible for business development, new account acquisition, achieving sales targets, and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction within an assigned territory. Important activities include anticipating customer needs by proactively gauging customer requirements, responding to customer requests, preparing proposals, and developing solutions from available offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Meet company sales quotas for new Applied Innovation Managed Service agreements.
- Execute sales strategy by identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate hardware and company services.
- Develop business through multiple marketing and sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and partnering with vendors or manufacturers.
- Attend weekly 1 on 1 meeting with Sales Manager.
- Resolve critical issues with any client relationships.
- Participate in ongoing strategy meetings.
- Attend Applied Innovation sponsored industry or educational events.
- Keep up to date on industry related news and technology.
- Update all activities and Sales processes within
- Update Salesforce opportunities and sales funnel daily.
- Develop relationships with clients and prospects that are candidates to consume our services.
- Maintain relationships with clients by performing semi-annual current client reviews)
- Maintain technology and selling skills as industry changes
- Attend all necessary company sponsored or third party sponsored training events
- Perform Needs analysis, sales discovery, validation and presentation for new prospects.
- Design and present, proposals, presentations, and necessary agreements for prospects and clients with vCIO based on the CharTec selling model.
- Create proposal, presentation with vCIO.
- Develop and maintain solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at all levels at each target account.
- Develop partnerships with Vendor Field Sales Representatives and optimize the joint selling opportunities within the territory.
- Own the sales process with a primary focus on finding and closing new business.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to perform public speaking and presentations on Applied Innovation products and services
- Interpersonal skills, such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to keep up on necessary ongoing industry related training
- 100% knowledge Salesforce software and ability to submit proper pipeline and activity details
- Ability to maintain an active pipeline of new prospects.
- Ability to tele-market over phone, cold call in person, and email, in order to drive new business
Applied Innovation offers a full benefit program that includes medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401(k).
If you are interested in joining the Applied Innovation team, please submit your resume below and fill out an application by clicking here.